18 July 2019
It is now less than 24 hours before the deadline of 19 July 2019, which is a cut-off date to register to participate in one of Africa’s fastest growing marathons – the Mandela Day Marathon.
The organisers are issuing a call to all runners to urgently register to avoid being left out of this iconic marathon which this year celebrates the 101-year legacy of South Africa’s first democratic president, Nelson Mandela.
The Mandela Day Marathon runs in spectacular settings and is surrounded by a festive vibe from Manaye Hall in Imbali Township in Pietermaritzburg to the Howick Precinct where Madiba was arrested, a historic event which set South Africa on the journey to freedom.
Runners are urgently requested to visit the website www.mandeladm.org.za to download the forms or visit the uMgungundlovu family of municipalities or call 0873300001 or email at email@example.com
You can also find the registration forms at selected ABSA branches across the province.
The Mandela Marathon Office has extended its hours of work to ensure that applications are processed on time. For the next 24 hours, the Mandela Day Marathon office will open from 08h00 to 20h00.
Race categories and Entry Fees include:
- 42.2 Km (licenced runners only)
- 21.1 Km (temporary licence R35)
- 10 Km (temporary licence R20)
- 4.6664 ( 5Km – Entries by invitation only)
Don’t miss out – Be part and keep the Madiba Magic alive…!!!
- Those who fail to register timeously risk the disappointment of not taking part in this historic Nelson Mandela Day Marathon.
- More logistics, including water stations, medical facilities, shuttle services, parking facilities and security arrangements have been upgraded to higher schedules this year.
- Runners will also be prohibited from switching from the race they initially registered for to the new one on the date of the marathon.
The 8th Mandela Day Marathon will be held on Sunday, 25 August 2019, starting at the Manaye Hall in Mbali Township, Pietermaritzburg and finishing at Mandela Capture Site in Howick.
Issued by the Mandela Marathon Organising Committee on behalf of uMgungundlovu District Municipality and the Ministry for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government.
Contact Lennox Mabaso, 082 884 2403; or Brian Zuma, 083 708 2245; or Senzelwe Mzila, 082 474 1182