Parking and access routes
- Transport, Parking and Shuttle Buses
PARKING – Race Organisers have made parking available at all start venues. Athletes are encouraged to go directly to the start and park their vehicles
- 42,2Km Start Parking – FET College Mbali township, Major road works ongoing in Moses Mabhida Road and all athletes are advised to move to the start venue at least one hour earlier
- 21,1Km Start parking – Hilton Quarry Center
- 10Km Start Parking – Next to Howick Sports Centre at the Howick west Library
All runners are encouraged to use a drop and go system at the relevant start, with their family or supporter driving through to park at the finish.
- 42km START PARKING and Drop and Go
- The access is from the Moses Mabhida Highway into Sutherland Road. PARKING – Turn right into FJ Sithole Road and then turn Right into FET College Parking Area.
- Drop and Go will be allowed in Sutherland Road
- Sutherland Road will be closed at 05:45
- The race commences at 06:00am.
- 1km START PARKING - Drop and Go
- LIMITED START PARKING Hilton Quarry Centre.
- The access will be via Hilton Avenue, turning Right into Hillary Road and left into the Parking Area.
- Drop and Go will be Via Hilton Avenue turning right into Hillary Road and then Right into Primula Road where runners will be dropped and walk to the start. Cars will then continue to Cedara road and be forced to turn right and then left to return to Hilton Avenue to link with the N3 highway.
- 10km START PARKING with Drop and Go
- 10Km START PARKING is at the Howick West Library
- All drop and Go for the 10km start will be outside the main gate to the Howick stadium in Main Road the R103.
- Parking at finish (capture site)
- NOTE: The R103 will be closed at 06:00 to traffic and there will be no access to the R103 route from either the Midmar Dam, Howick South or Tweedie, Howick North turn offs.
- Alternative Route to Finish: To reach the finish-parking take the N3 off-ramp into Howick North turn towards Howick. At the first set of traffic lights (5th turn left not including the N3 junction) turn left into Currie Post Road. Continue to the fourth junction on the left. Turn left and then follow this road through to the parking, which is directly adjacent to the Nelson Mandela Capture Site. The whole route will be sign posted from the N3 through to the parking area